How to send a view from module to different module

I want send a view to be rendered as a part of a activity list in different module, without depending on each other I mean I do not want to their module to depend on my module.
Also can I send the view in a reactive way like sending the normal objects, or may be expected problems or memory leaks may happen.

Please be notified that I can use the app module as a middle layer to take from my module the view and sent it to the other module; however, I want to ask may be there are different ideas.

I know every time I do not have a code to share, I just want to ask about ideas, and it is ok if it is not part of the subscription to answer these kind of questions :). Thanks in advance :).

What do you mean by “send”?

Modules have little to do with memory leaks. Modules are simply a way of organizing source code and have no runtime implications in ordinary apps. There may be runtime implications in scenarios like Instant Apps and Runtime Feature Modules, but I do not work with those and cannot comment on them.

I mean by send view is to create and prepare a view with some data to represent and give to the other module so that the Activity of the other module display it as a part of the screen.

There’s nothing special about views here. You would send the view however you handle any other sort of object.

The fact that you do not want inter-module dependencies means that the receiver module will not have access to any types declared in the sending module. So, for example, the receiver module would need to take a View or ViewGroup instead of a SendingModuleAwesomeView or other custom class.

Overall, your question is very abstract, which limits me to fairly abstract answers. I apologize if you were hoping for more.

1 Like